- First Data Corp. launched CloverAchievers, a grant program for small-business owners that offers recipients a cash grant, Clover point-of-sale equipment, and a charitable donation in their names.
- Bank of America Merchant Services said it and subscription-management specialist Recurly are working together on products for merchants.
- Fraud-prevention firm ACH Alert named George Leto channel sales manager. Leto’s experience includes more than 20 years in the financial-technology industry.
- Payments company Payrailz said Orlando Santos, its vice president of product strategy and innovation, was named vice chairman of the Afinis Interoperability Standards inaugural board of directors and officers. Afinis previously was known as the API Standardization Industry Group.
- Electrify America LLC, a unit of Volkswagen Group of America, launched a mobile app allowing users to locate charging stations for their electric vehicles and pay for the electricity.
- EVO Payments Inc. reported $135.4 million in adjusted first-quarter earning following adoption of a new accounting standard, a 5.5% increase from $128.3 million a year ago. Its net loss of $19 million broadened from a loss of $15 million.
A group of 16 European banks said they plan to launch a “truly European” unified payments system …