- Fiserv Inc. announced its Clover unit has launched Clover Station Pro, a cloud-based point-of-sale device featuring a customer-facing countertop display and software specific to quick-service and full-service restaurants on the Clover platform.
- Elavon Inc., the merchant acquiring unit of U.S. Bancorp, announced the sale of its Mexico-based operations to banking giant Santander group. Terms were not disclosed for the deal, which is expected to close in the next few weeks.
- Puerto Rico-based payment processor Evertec Inc. reported $27.2 million in fourth-quarter revenues from its merchant-acquiring operation, a 5% increase from $25.8 million a year earlier.
- Payments provider i2c Inc. and gaming-technology provider Sightline Payments said they are now processing mobile and omni-channel payments for more than 45 gaming-resort operators, state lotteries, digital-gaming operations, and sports-betting sites across eight states.
- Amazon.com Inc. opened its first cashierless Go Grocery store Tuesday in Seattle; the store carries baked goods, meat, produce, and household items and is about five times the size of a typical Amazon Go convenience store.
- Blackhawk Network Holdings Inc. said restaurant chain Long John Silver’s will start a gift card program using Blackhawk’s products.
- Students at Santa Clara University using iPhones or Apple Watches can now load their student IDs into the Apple Wallet for use on campus.
- Mobile-device provider Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. introduced a new secure element with enhanced security.
- Blockchain provider Ripple Labs Inc. is working with Azimo, a European digital money-transfer service, to process payments to the Philippines using RippleNet and Ripple’s On Demand Liquidity solution, with plans to add more markets this year.
Convenience-store operators wanting another way to accept payments for lottery games have a decoupled-debit option …