- JPMorgan Chase & Co. has agreed to buy close to 75% of Volkswagen’s payments platform, operated by Volkswagen Payments S.A. Terms of the deal were not announced. The unit supports in-car payments and other services in 32 markets worldwide.
- Clickatell, an online chat provider, launched Chat 2 Pay, a service that enables merchants to accept payment in chat messaging by sending consumers a payment link via text or WhatsApp.
- UATP, a payments provider owned by major airlines, said it is enabling acceptance of Bitcoin and nine other cryptocurrencies through the BitPay platform.
- Flexa Network Inc., a payments provider specializing in Bitcoin, said it will enable its merchants to accept transactions on the Lightning network, which is said to enable faster processing than would be the case natively on the Bitcoin blockchain.
- Payments provider Digital River said it has integrated its technology with Chargify, a subscription-management platform.
- Chargezoom Inc., a platform that allows merchants to manage billing and payments, said it is integrating with payments provider PaymentCloud.
- PayPal Holdings Inc. has agreed to acquire the Japan-based buy now, pay later provider Paidy for approximately $2.7 billion, mostly in cash. The deal is expected to close in the fourth quarter.
- Fintech Apto Payments said it acquired Vertical Finance, a credit card startup. Terms were not disclosed.
- Gateway Cardknox launched Cardknox Go, its payment facilitator platform.
- Payments provider Gr4vy announced separate partnerships with Banked, a real-time payments provider, and GoCardless, a fintech specializing in account-to-account payments.
- Chargebacks911 appointed Brad Dillahunty its executive vice president and chief product officer for it and sister brand Fi911. For the past 10 years, Dillahunty was a Mastercard Inc. executive charged with overseeing its chargeback and dispute strategy.
Responding to child-care administrators’ need for improved payroll services, payroll-as-a-service startup Check Technologies Inc. has …