- Certegy Payment Solutions LLC added a white-label version of its buy now, pay later service that enables merchants to add their own branded BNPL option.
- Buy now, pay later specialist Quadpay Inc. said its inaugural “Quadpay Fest” sale, which offered deals to users over a four-day period, saw 40% of purchases on average made by users new to Quadpay.
- Cubic Corp. said its Cubic Transportation Systems unit and San Francisco’s Metropolitan Transportation Commission launched mobile fare payments on Android phones with near-field communication capability. Payments can be initiated through Google Pay or the new Clipper app for Android.
- MoneyGram International Inc. said the use of MoneyGram Online increased 95% year-over-year in cross-border transactions in April. Actual numbers were not released.
- Fintech Mogo Inc. said its wholly-owned payments platform Carta Worldwide received Visa Ready certification through Visa Inc.’s Visa Ready for Fintech Enablers program.
- Phixius, a trusted-exchange platform from Nacha, the automated clearing house governing body, said it onboarded three participants so far in 2021.
- Blackhawk Network Holdings Inc. named Cory Gaines as chief product officer. Most recently, Gaines was chief product officer at Lively Inc., a health savings account provider.
- Authentication-services provider Socure appointed Eric Woodward senior advisor to its chief executive, Johnny Ayers. Woodward has more than 25 years of experience in financial services technology, including as group president of Early Warning Services LLC, parent of Zelle.
- Blockchain payments specialist Circle Internet Financial Inc. appointed Mandeep Walia chief compliance and risk officer. Walia comes to Circle from Facebook Inc., where he was chief compliance officer and head of enterprise risk management for the company’s Novi unit.
To counter the rising tide of first-party misuse chargebacks, also known as “friendly fraud,” Chargeback …