- Blackhawk Network launched its Issuance and Program Management Solution, a service that enables companies to outsource their gift card and digital gift programs through Blackhawk. The new service is enabled by the company’s recent acquisition of SVM, a provider of open- and closed-loop gift card technology.
- Payroc LLC said its affiliate invested $2.6 million in RunSignup Inc., a platform for fundraising and endurance events. RunSignup also will use Payroc as a preferred payment processor.
- Payments provider Lightspeed POS Inc. launched an online order-ahead feature for takeout orders from restaurant clients in North America.
- Mastercard Inc. said it is enhancing its Mastercard Donate platform to allow cardholders to round up purchases to the nearest dollar to give to charities.
- Forte Payment Systems said Accela, which specializes in cloud-based services for government, will offer Forte payment services to its clients.
- PCI Pal said Trader, the Auto Trader brand owner in Canada, is using its Agent Assist payment service for card-not-present transactions over the phone.
- Nexi, a payments provider and card-issuing platform based in Italy, announced an agreement with London-based fintech Ebury Partners UK Ltd. that will allow Nexi’s partner banks to offer international cash management, foreign-exchange risk management, import/export lending, and other banking services.
- Azlo Business Inc., a provider of digital banking for entrepreneurs and small businesses, reported it has doubled its client base since the start of the year, partly as a result of a surge of entrepreneurship since the onset of the Covid-19 pandemic. The company also said it is launching a subscription service called Azlo Pro.
- Mobile point-of-sale provider CardFlight added several features to its SwipeSimple application, including the ability to create payment links and send invoices via text and, starting in October, the ability to track additional transaction data for business-to-business and business-to-government payments, which could allow them to achieve Level III interchange and access lower rates on eligible transactions.
- Business-payments network PayCargo announced a $35-million investment led by Insight Partners. The company said it will use the funds to expand its payments network and invest in technology.
- Veteran payments executive Colleen Taylor and marketing veteran Allie Kline joined the board of directors of payments provider Bill.com. Taylor is president for merchant services U.S. at American Express Co. Kline is founding principal of LEO DIX, a business-services firm.
Strange times. Seemingly overnight, one of the most durable and heavily weighted key performance indicators …