- Beauty-products marketer Avon International has recruited payments provider Apexx Global to process consumer payments to Avon representatives across global markets. Apexx supports credit and debit cards, PayPal, Apple Pay, and Android Pay as well as local payment methods.
- As the holiday shopping season nears, 39% of merchants surveyed by PayPal Holdings Inc. plan to sell on digital marketplace and 31% will make products available via social media apps. The survey, conducted by Netfluential, involved 1,000 PayPal small merchants.
- Recurring-payments provider GoCardless Ltd. launched GoCardless for Salesforce Billing on the Salesforce AppExchange, a cloud marketplace. The move gives Salesforce clients access to GoCardless’s global bank debit network for both domestic and international payments.
- Hackers over the past weekend injected malicious code into almost 2,000 e-commerce sites to intercept payment card data. The sites were found to be running an older version of Adobe’s Magento software.
- The Digital ID & Authentication Council of Canada (DIACC) has launched its Pan-Canadian Trust Framework (PCTF), consisting of a set of digital ID and authentication standards that, along with alpha testing, will undergird a rollout of digital ID across Canada next year.
- KodyPay Ltd., a startup provider of a mobile point-of-sale platform, raised $1.5 million in a funding round.
- Authentication-technology provider Jumio Corp. said it is working with online South American marketplace Rappi to help verify the identities of new customers and delivery couriers.
- Money-transfer provider WorldRemit Ltd. has launched a transfer-tracker app to let recipients track their remittances. It will be free to download in 90 countries through the Google app store later this month, and is available now in Nigeria, India, Mexico, and Colombia.
- BitPay Inc. added an integration with Wyre Payments Inc., a payment infrastructure company, to enable users to buy cryptocurrency within the BitPay Wallet app using Wyre.
- Cascade Financial Technology Corp. hired Scott Louie as vice president of operations to head its Cascade Processing unit. Louie previously worked at FSV Payment Systems, according to a LinkedIn profile.
- Payment card manufacturer CPI Card Group Inc. appointed Jorg Schneewind to its board of directors. Schneewind is president of packaging company Appvion Inc.
Despite the slowdown in manufacturing as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic, shipments of wearable …