- ATM and payment-services provider Paramount Management Group LLC acquired CAI—The ATM Company, an independent deployer with thousands of ATMs in New Jersey, New York, Connecticut and other states. Terms of the acquisition were not disclosed.
- A partnership between Transaction Network Services and P97 Networks has processed in-dash fuel payments for more than 3 million U.S. vehicles, the companies announced. TNS provides tokenization services for the program. P97 provides technology for retail petroleum sales.
- Google parent Alphabet Inc. and Salesforce.com Inc. participated in a $75 million funding round for GoCardless, a United Kingdom-based startup focused on recurring payments for businesses. The funding will help GoCardless expand its service to the U.S.
- Cross-border payments provider Veem launched a rewards program to mark achieving 100,000 customers in 96 countries. VeemRewards gives cash back to businesses that use Veem in preference to bank wires.
- E-commerce payments provider Allied Wallet added Instadebit, Interac Online, and SafetyPay as payment methods in Canada.
- Fingerprint Cards AB introduced a software platform for biometric authentication of payments on cards, wearables, and USB dongles.
- Mastercard Inc. and the Global Cyber Alliance, an international anti-fraud group, released free online guidance and tools for small and medium-sized businesses to fight cyberattacks. and the Global Cyber Alliance, an international anti-fraud group, released free online guidance and tools for small and medium-sized businesses to fight cyberattacks.
The Covid-19 pandemic has taken a fearful toll on payments processing, and on Thursday, in …