- Payments-industry veterans Con Coughlin and Mackenzie Walsh have formed CardSmart.io, aimed at providing services including portfolio acquisition and merchant funding while working with independent software vendors, independent sales organizations, agents, and resellers.
- Houston-based P97 Networks Inc. announced it has been chosen by ExxonMobil Asia Pacific Pte Ltd. to enable mobile payments at Mobil-branded stations in New Zealand. P97 supplies technology for cloud-based in-vehicle payments.
- Till, a provider of technology that helps tenants manage rent payments, said it closed on an $8-million seed funding round led by Route 66 Ventures, MetaProp, and NextGen Venture Partners.
- Finix Payments Inc., a startup that supplies payments technology to software providers, said its payments volume grew by a factor of 4.5 times year-over-year in the second quarter as the Covid-19 pandemic drove digital-payments adoption. The company also launched Flex, a product that lets companies build payments businesses.
- Huntington Bancshares Inc. said it has chosen bill-payment platform BillGO Inc. to help support the bank’s digital bill-payment services.
- Payments provider Stripe Inc. has hired Dhivya Suryadevara as its chief financial officer. Suryadevara, who held the same position at General Motors Co., represents the latest in a series of high-profile executive hires at the company. The Covid-19 pandemic has accelerated Stripe’s growth, as the company’s revenues are concentrated in online payments.
- The Strawhecker Group released a new branding initiative for the payments advisory firm.
- Mastercard Inc. said 11 new organizations are participating in its Start Path accelerator program. It also expanded the scope of its Engage program, which supports companies building new payment-related products for banks, fintechs, and merchants.
Amazon.com Inc.’s venture in letting consumers pay with the palm of their hand officially launched …