- Some 80% of U.S. consumers say they have used a peer-to-peer payment service at least once, while two-thirds report having used a mobile wallet in the past year, according to the 2023 State of Payments report from card-issuing platform Marqeta Inc. The study surveyed 4,091 consumers in February, including 2,013 in the United States.
- Payments provider VizyPay announced its Dual Pricing Program, a service that enables merchants to display a cash price and a regular price.
- Fingerprint unveiled Fingperprint Pro Plus, with a service called Smart Signals aimed at preventing fraud by detecting bots and other technology used by fraudsters.
- Prepaid card program manager Paysign Inc. said it will work with pay-access platform Spentra LLC to enable payroll card issuing on the Mastercard network.
- Some 93% of fintechs in and outside the United States said current economic trends have increased their reliance on payment networks, according to a survey of 852 fintechs in the U.S. and eight other markets, sponsored by Discover Financial Services.
- In a bid to improve access to online and mobile bill-pay services for less well-off consumers, payments platform Central Payments has embedded bill-pay services from Allied Payment Network, a provider of payment technology to financial institutions.
- Finzly, a banking and payments provider and a third-party provider of ACH, Fedwire, RTP, and FedNow, joined the Jack Henry Vendor Integration Program.
- Chargebacks911, a chargeback management technology firm, appointed Guy Harris as its chairman of the board and Eric Hoffman as president of interbank solutions and as a board member. Harris recently retired as head of merchant services at Bank of America Corp. Hoffman was director of Apple Pay development at Apple Inc., having been hired in 2014, the year the mobile payment service debuted.
- Point-of-sale technology provider CardFlight Inc. named Brian Butts chief technology officer. Prior to joining CardFlight, Butts was vice president of development and cloud operations at Revel Systems, a cloud-based POS system provider.
- Keeta, a startup provider for cross-border payments, announced its launch with $17 million in funding from investors including Eric Schmidt, former chief executive of Google Inc.
Financial technology platform provider Adyen NV late Monday announced it will become the acquiring bank …