- The top 50 originating institutions for automated clearing house transactions accounted for 23.1 billion payments in 2020, up 8.6% over 2019 and nearly 93% of all commercial ACH payments, according to Nacha, the governing body for the ACH. The 50 largest receiving institutions controlled 61.2% of volume with 16.4 billion payments, up almost 11%.
- Piestro, a provider of automated pizzerias, said it is working with PopID Inc. to authenticate and initiate payments via facial recognition.
- Marble, a digital wallet for insurance, said it is opening its platform to any U.S. policyholder. Users can compare policies, pay premiums, and earn rewards through the app.
- The Credit Union of Texas added credit card processing services from credit union service organization PSCU in addition to debit processing, PSCU said.
- Payments technology provider Electronic Payments said it added a touchscreen customer-facing display to its Exatouch POS device.
- Scientific Games Corp., a technology provider for the gaming and lottery industries, launched a platform for instant-game purchases at checkout in a partnership with Kroger, the Kentucky Lottery, and Blackhawk Network.
- Blockchain-technology provider Ripple Labs Inc. said it has agreed to acquire a 40% stake in Tranglo, a cross-border payments provider in Asia.
- Prepaid card program and digital-banking services provider Paysign Inc. launched its Paysign Premier referral program to offer businesses access to digital-banking technology for outgoing payments, such as payments to contractors or gig workers.
- Payments gateway Blue Payment Agency said it is processing credit cards for online sales of guns and background checks for those sales in the state of Maine.
- Ravkoo, a platform provider for prescription fulfillment, said it has forged an integration with payments-technology provider Everyware Inc. to offer contactless payment for pharmacies and physicians.
Seeking to provide online merchants with a lower-cost payment option and consumers a better user …