- The Western Union Co. said it will enable Visa Inc.’s Visa Direct real-time push-payment service. The move follows the remittance-processing company’s announcement in late 2017 that it would adopt Mastercard Inc.’s rival service, Mastercard Send.
- Merchant processor VizyPay launched a program called Cash Discount 2.0, which calls for merchants to raise their prices by 4%, with VizyPay using the increase to pay off payment-processing costs.
- CellPoint Mobile, a payments provider for airlines and other travel companies, completed a $14-million equity-financing round provided by Toscafund Asset Management LLP and managed by Penta Capital, the private-equity unit of Toscafund.
- Point-of-sale credit provider Afterpay said it has signed Levi’s, Ray-Ban, O’Neill, and Tarte Cosmetics as new clients.
- Semafone, a provider of data-protection services for contact centers, said its Cardprotect payment service is now available as a cloud-based product.
- E-commerce processor Shopify Inc. released its first “State of Commerce” report that draws insights from sales trends in a subsection of Shopify’s global transaction data, an online survey of 3,832 merchants, and a survey of 2,653 U.S. and Canadian consumers.
- Payrailz, a payments provider to banks and credit unions, announced the appointment of payments veteran Jim Kern to the position of vice president and chief sales officer.
Relative newcomers to the world of money transfers such as Remitly Inc., TransferWise Ltd., and …