- Discover Financial Services chief financial officer R. Mark Graf will retire in early 2020, Discover announced. Graf joined Discover in 2011. The company has hired an executive-search team to find his successor.
- American Express Co. enhanced the rewards package on its Gold Card; cardholders will now get 4-times Membership Rewards points at restaurants and can use their annual $120 dining credit at Boxed, an online-only wholesale retailer. AmEx also revived its Rose Gold metal card for some new cardholders, and left the card’s $250 annual fee unchanged.
- Business-to-business payments provider Brex Inc. unveiled a portal that enables its corporate card holders to find accountants, and it announced enhanced integrations with accounting and expense-management software providers, including Expensify, QuickBooks, and Xero.
- Cash-preferring customers at sporting-goods retailer Decathlon’s new cashless U.S. flagship store in Emeryville, Calif. can use currency to buy gift cards at the store’s GiftWise Cash-2-Card kiosk from Self-Service Networks, then use them for purchases.
- SpotHero, whose apps allow drivers to find and book off-street parking, announced a collaboration with TIBA, a provider of parking-management software, that will allow one-tap redemption and let drivers do away with the need to roll down their window to present an access credential.
- Next Biometrics, a provider of fingerprint-sensor technology, said it will collaborate with ABCorp, a producer of dual-interface EMV cards, on the development and commercialization of biometric smart cards.
The following is an interview conducted by Bob Jenisch Publisher of Digital Transactions with Denise …