- The Western States Acquirers Association announced Jason Putnam, a TIB-The Independent BankersBank executive, is president for 2020, having been a board member for the past 11 years. Deborah Camm, a Merrick Bank executive, is the vice president. Chase Oelkers of Folium Biosciences and Scott Defazio of Fiserv were elected directors. John Newton of First American Payment Systems and Stephanie Shotwell of Worldpay, an FIS unit, joined the WSAA advisory board.
- Social commerce platform CommentSold and cloud-based point-of-sale system provider Lightspeed announced an integration of their platform to enable brick-and-mortar retailers the ability to add social media as sales channel. Lightspeed recently launched Lightspeed Payments.
- Cybersecurity specialist Coalfire said it received accreditation from the PCI Security Standards Council for the new Software Security Framework/Secure Software Lifecycle standard. This standard replaces the PA-DSS spec that expires in late 2022, Coalfire said.
- ParkHub Inc., which offers a mobile-payment app for parking, said it is working with global location-data firm Here Technologies to help users find and pay for parking in North America.
- Point-of-sale installment-credit provider Affirm Inc. signed a lease for a 57,000-square-foot office in Chicago. The company plans to occupy the space this spring.
- Former Green Dot Corp. chief financial officer Mark Shifke has been appointed CFO of Billtrust, whose technology automates invoice delivery and payment.
A group of 16 European banks said they plan to launch a “truly European” unified payments system …