- The PCI Security Standards Council and Retail & Hospitality ISAC issued a joint bulletin about a growing threat to e-commerce Web sites that the cybersecurity organizations say requires “urgent awareness and attention.” The threat, sometimes dubbed Magecart, involves sites infected with difficult-to-detect malware that skims payment card information during a transaction without the merchant or consumer being aware.
- American Express Co. says it has an agreement to buy the acompay digital-payment automation platform from Acom Solutions Inc. AmEx says acompay will enhance its business-to-business payment services for suppliers. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
- E-commerce services provider Shopify Inc. reported second-quarter revenues in its Merchant Solutions unit grew 56% year-over-year to $208.9 million. The increase was driven partly by growth in gross merchandise volume (GMV), which rose 51% to $13.8 billion. Gross payments volume, the amount of GMV processed through the Shopify Payments platform, increased 61% to $5.8 billion and accounted for 42% of GMV.
- Fleet-fueling and corporate-payments provider WEX Inc. said fuel transactions processed increased 10% from the second quarter of 2018 to 153.7 million in the June-ending quarter. Payment-processing transactions increased 10% to 128 million.
- Canada’s TD Bank said its customers can send money internationally from their accounts via a new arrangement with The Western Union Co.
- Corporate card issuer Brex said its cardholders will be able to switch their rewards points to half a dozen frequent-traveler programs through an agreement with loyalty-program manager Ascenda.
- ACI Worldwide said its technology is supporting a new mobile app called Pay-in-Aisle introduced by the United Kingdom-based Co-operative Group, which operates more than 2,600 convenience stores and fuel sites. The program, due to be launched in 30 stores, will allow customers to scan items as they shop and pay from an Apple Pay or Google Pay account.
- Installment-payment specialist Sezzle Inc. announced it has listed on the Australian Securities Exchange. Sezzle also said it is accepted at more than 5,000 merchants, up 52% since March 31.
- Bill-pay processor Bill.com appointed Josh Goines senior vice president of strategic partnerships. Goines comes to the company from PayPal Holdings Inc.
Money 20/20, set for Oct. 25-28 in Las Vegas, has been canceled. Dates for the …