- Visa Inc. said its Visa Token Service has now issued more than 1 billion tokens globally, with more than 680 million tokens issued in the past 12 months. Tokens replace Visa account numbers with data strings that are useless if stolen.
- Authentication services provider Giact released its “The Changing Landscape of Identity Fraud: Fraudsters Strike Back” report.
- Cennox Inc., a provider of services for ATMs, introduced a device that can be fitted to point-of-sale terminals to kill surface viruses with ultra-violet C (UVC) light.
- Bitcoin ATM deployer LibertyX said it has added a capability for consumers to buy Bitcoin with cash at 20,000 retail locations throughout the United States, including 7-Eleven, CVS Pharmacy, and Rite Aid stores.
- Clearpay, a point-of-sale installment-lending provider and unit of Afterpay Ltd., said it has reached more than 1 million users in the United Kingdom, with more than 600,000 repeat users, after one year in operation in that country.
Point-of-sale credit provider Affirm Inc. said it raised $500 million in a series G funding round. Lead …