- U.S. consumers are spending $273 per month on subscription services on average, up 15% from the average in 2018, yet they estimate they are spending less, according to a poll from consulting firm West Monroe.
- Payments provider Nuvei Corp. completed its $250-million cash acquisition of SimplexCC Ltd., a cryptocurrency gateway that links exchanges, brokers, wallets, and liquidity providers. The deal was announced in May.
- Bill.com Inc., a payments platform for businesses, completed its $625-million acquisition of Invoice2go Inc., a provider of payments technology for freelancers and small businesses. The deal was announced in July.
- Payments-services provider Green Dot Corp. said it is working with payroll platform Gig Wage and research nonprofit Commonwealth to fund research aimed at discovering which financial services do the most to support so-called gig workers.
- National Fuel Gas Distribution Corp. said it is working with online bill-payment provider InvoiceCloud to launch a new electronic billing and payment system.
- Eldermark, a provider of software for the elder-care industry, launched an integrated payment-processing platform to allow senior-living communities to accept payments, including credit card and e-check transactions.
- Payments provider Euronet Worldwide Inc.’s epay division said it has integrated PayPal Holdings Inc.’s QR code technology in its point-of-sale service. The service is live in Germany and will enter other markets “in the future,” Euronet says. PayPal has 29.1 million active users in Germany.
- Zwipe AS, a maker of payment cards that allow users to authenticate themselves through their fingerprints, announced it plans a commercial launch of its Zwipe Pay ONE cards in the summer of 2022 following a planned pilot with an unnamed “global tier-one bank” in three European countries in the first quarter.
- Payments provider Stax (formerly Fattmerchant) appointed Menda Sims chief payments officer. A veteran of more than 20 years in the payments industry, Sims comes to the firm from processor FIS Inc.
Responding to child-care administrators’ need for improved payroll services, payroll-as-a-service startup Check Technologies Inc. has …