- ATM network operator Cardtronics plc said customers of Social Finance Inc. (SoFi) will get access to the 55,000 ATMs in the Cardtronics-owned Allpoint surcharge-free network, including several at the new SoFi Stadium in Los Angeles, under a new agreement between the companies.
- Payment technology provider Galileo announced the full launch of Galileo Instant, a service for businesses to create debit card programs quickly to pay gig-economy workers. The service debuted in beta mode in November.
- Bill.com, a provider of cloud-based back-office software for payments and other functions, said it will join the Russell 1000 index of large-cap stocks June 29.
- Laybuy, which lets consumers pay off merchants in six equal installments at no interest, said fashion retailers PrettyLittleThing and Hype will begin offering the service to customers in the United Kingdom by the end of the month.
- Boost Payment Solutions Inc., a specialist in commercial card processing, said it will support BMO Harris Bank’s Approve2Pay corporate card service.
- ParkMobile LLC, provider of a mobile app for parking payments, announced it will support mobile payments at approximately 4,000 meters in downtown Birmingham, Ala.
- Ride-share leader Uber Technologies Inc. will “deprioritze” its digital wallet and payments initiative to focus on its core ride and food-delivery services, Bloomberg reported. Peter Hazlehurst, head of the Uber Money unit, is leaving the company.
- WorkJam Inc., a provider of applications for employee time management, communication and related functions, launched ExpressPay, a service that enables employees to obtain a portion of their earnings as early as the same day of work without fees and deposited directly into their bank account or onto a WorkJam prepaid card.
- Century Business Solutions said GraVoc, an information-technology provider, will integrate its EBizCharge gateway within Microsoft Dynamics, a business operation application.
With the Covid-19 pandemic forcing merchants to beef up or add an e-commerce channel to …