- Card-present and card-not-present transactions for small businesses in the CardFlight Small Business Report for Nov. 11 held steady from the week prior. Card-present transactions stood at 14.6% of sales, compared to 12.9% the week before. Card-not-present transactions were at 38.4%, compared with 37.2% a week earlier.
- MerchantE, a provider of technology to merchants for digital payments, unveiled new features for its Business Essentials bundle, including curbside pickup for online orders, EMV payment capability for any mobile device, and a shopping cart for orders on Facebook, Instagram, or an existing Web site.
- North American Bancard LLC said it will offer Factor4 LLC’s gift card and loyalty program to its merchants.
- The doxo Inc. bill-pay service’s directory of payable billers surpassed 75,000 nationwide, or five times more than the next-largest directory, according to the company, which added that more than 4 million users living in more than 90% of U.S. Zip Codes had paid bills through the Web- and mobile-based service.
- Payments Canada, which owns and operates the country’s payment clearing and settlement infrastructure, announced it has chosen Mastercard Inc.’s Vocalink unit to provide the technology for Real Time Rail, Canada’s new real-time payments system.
- Data network provider Finicity Inc. announced a data-access agreement with BMO Harris Bank. Mastercard Inc. in June agreed to acquire Finicity, whose technology is key for so-called open banking arrangements, for $825 million.
- UATP, a payments processor for multiple airlines, said it has linked with installment-payments provider Fly Now Pay Later to allow passengers to buy tickets in installments.
- In related news, buy now, pay later payments specialist Afterpay announced it now supports cross-border point-of-sale installment payments.
- Payments provider Klarna AB has rolled out globally an iOS widget for consumers that indicates when prices have dropped on saved items.
- USA Technologies Inc. said Empire Vending LLC is using USAT’s Platform as a Service product for business optimization.
- Virginia Commonwealth University will use Passport Parking from Passport Labs Inc. for mobile payment for parking on campus, Passport said.
The Covid-19 pandemic has helped fuel consumer adoption of mobile-banking apps by 67% of retail …