- Vontier Corp. said its Retail Solutions unit will provide cloud-based payments technology for Shell Oil Co. at more than 13,000 service stations by the end of next year.
- The U.S. unit of the big cryptocurrency exchange Binance said it will suspend dollar transactions as early as June 13 following word from partners they would stop activity in the U.S. currency. The company also announced it will move to being a crypto-only exchange. Binance’s moves come days after the Securities and Exchange Commission filed 13 civil complaints against the Cayman Islands-based conglomerate and linked entities, alleging among other things that it operates unregistered exchanges. Binance responded that the suit is “baseless.”
- Payments platform Synchrony announced a multi-year extension of its processing agreement with The Container Store that will include a private-label credit card and mobile wallet in the chain’s app.
- The fintech AppTech Payments Corp. announced distribution agreements with business-messaging platform Broadnet Technologies LLC for services such as text-to-pay.
- E-commerce technology provider Rokt appointed Srishi Gupta chief product officer, Josh DeFrain chief information security officer, and Craig Galvin chief revenue officer. Gupta was director of ad measurement at Amazon.com Inc. prior to this position. DeFrain held the CISO position at Flatiron Health prior. Galvin joined Rokt in 2022.
- Smart point-of-sale terminal service provider POPcodes Inc. promoted Ben Stevenson to chief technology officer. He had been vice president of development.
- Electronic documents servicer DocuSign Inc. appointed Anna Marrs, American Express Co. group president, global commercial services and credit & fraud risk, to its board of directors and named her as a member of its audit committee.
Shift4 Payments Inc. announced Thursday it is integrating Amazon.com Inc.’s Just Walk Out technology into …