- Payments provide PPRO Financial Ltd. announced a $180-million funding round valuing the company at more than $1 billion.
- AeroPay, a payments provider specializing in the cannabis industry, said it is working with Blackbird, a cannabis software and delivery company, to process online ordering for cannabis businesses.
- U.S. payments provider WEX Inc. announced it will process business-to-business payments for the business-management platform MYOB Technology Pty Ltd., which serves 1.2 milion clients in Australia and New Zealand.
- Payments technology provider Plastiq Inc. said it is the first company to fully integrate Intuit Inc.’s QuickBooks Online accounting software into its payments platform.
- Contactless-technology provider Loop Insights Inc. said it has integrated payments on major cryptocurrencies into its platform.
- Payment-technology provider Nuvei has released a white paper on growth strategies for travel operators.
- Fiserv Inc. announced the appointment of two executives to newly created positions. Byron Vielehr has been appointed chief digital and data officer. Neil Wilcox has become head of corporate social responsibility.
- Nacha, the governing body for the automated clearing house network, appointed six new directors and reappointed a seventh. The board also elected Joe Hussey chairperson. Hussey is a managing director at JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Peer-to-peer transactions have taken off as a way to pay digitally during the pandemic, and …