- Professional Datasolutions Inc., which acquired private-label debit provider ZipLine in June, said it is working with NCR Corp. on a touch-free mobile payment service for the convenience-store industry.
- Payment card use among travel companies remained substantially down year-over-year, according to the Tracking Transaction Trends report from PSCU, a credit union service organization, for the week ending Nov. 1. Travel spend made with debit cards is down 24.6% from the corresponding week in 2019 and down 50.4% for credit cards.
- Payments provider Blackhawk Network Holdings Inc. said it completed its acquisition of National Gift Card, a provider of technology for prepaid card fulfillment.
- Figure Technologies Inc., a provider of financial services based on blockchain technology, applied for a national bank charter with the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency.
- Mastercard Inc. said it added 10 fintech companies to its Start Path innovation program, including LISNR, which offers a technology that transmits payment data over sound waves.
- Pay-at-the-table specialist TableSafe Inc. said David Selby was elected to its board of directors. Selby is the co-chairman and former chief executive of Schafer Condon Carter, a creative agency.
Walmart Inc. is adding money-transfer services from The Western Union Co. to its more than …