- Payment Alliance International Inc. said its fleet of more than 95,000 ATMs will redeem Bitcoin for cash under an agreement with B4U Financial LLC, whose BitLoad4U technology will manage authorization, clearing, and settlement and allow redemption from any cryptocurrency mobile wallet.
- A Bitcoin variant called Bitcoin Latinum announced a pre-sale launch with availability on exchanges in 2021. The variant is said to be capable of “massive” transaction volume.
- Users of the Evite online event-planning service can now send digital gift cards along with Evite digital greeting cards or invitations, Blackhawk Network said. More than 100 digital card options are available, Blackhawk said, which provides the technology to Evite.
- Mobile parking-payment app provider PayByPhone announced a promotion that will offer users who park in Miami between Nov. 23 and Dec. 24 a chance to win a $50 gift card from participating restaurants in that city.
- Some 35% of consumers plan to curb holiday spending this year, up from 18% in 2019, according to a survey from Discover Financial Services. More than one-third of those planning to cut back say the reason is financial uncertainty brought on by the Covid-19 pandemic. Two-thirds say they will use contactless payments more often and 74% will do more shopping online. The survey canvassed a total of 2,000 U.S. adults in September and October.
- Payments provider Lightspeed POS Inc. appointed Manon Brouillette to its board of directors. Brouillette was formerly chief executive of wireless carrier and cable-TV provider Videotron.
- Visa Inc. appointed Linda J. Rendle to its board of directors. Rendle is chief executive of The Clorox Co.
Payments provider Pineapple Payments announced Friday it has acquired 1st Payment Systems, a provider of private-label …