- Some 75% of U.S. cardholders prefer contactless cards to card swipe, mobile payment, inserting a chip card, and cash, according to a survey of 1,000 cardholders by card-technology specialist Entrust Datacard.
- Alliance Data Systems Corp., a provider of private-label card programs, reported a 27% year-over-year drop in revenue for the second quarter to $979 million, largely due to the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic.
- NewOak Finance Inc. said it acquired installment payments provider FuturePay Holdings Inc. for an undisclosed amount.
- Discover added restaurants and gas stations as redemption categories for its Discover It Miles members.
- CPI Card Group Inc. launched Spectrum by Card@Once, a service that enables over-the-edge printing across the entire surface of a card.
- Mercator Advisory Group released its “Canadian & American Consumers: Similar, but Different” report.
- Online notary service provider Notarize said a new deal with Stripe and its Stripe Connect platform enables notaries to receive almost instant payment for their services, typically within the same day of a transaction.
- Ant Group, parent company to China’s Alipay mobile-payments service, launched AntChain, a brand for the company’s blockchain products as well as for services based on artificial intelligence, the Internet of Things, and secure computation.
The future of digital payments is being created now with the adoption of contactless payments, …