- MyPinPad, a provider of technology enabling PIN entry on off-the-shelf mobile devices, said it has been granted certification from the PCI Security Standards Council for its software-based PIN entry on a Commercial off-the-shelf (SPoC) product for iOS.
- Shift4 Payments Inc., which filed for a proposed public offering in December, said it completed certification with Ingenico Group’s Telium Tetra point-of-sale terminal.
- Lightspeed POS Inc., a Canada-based payments provider serving nearly 57,000 merchants, said it has agreed to acquire Gastrofix, a cloud-based provider of hospitality software in Germany, for $61 million (U.S.) in cash plus issuance of more than 1.4 million Lightspeed subordinate voting shares at $28.16 per share.
- MailMyStatements, a billing and payments company for the health-care industry, released EasyAdmin, a new billing and payments portal allowing clients to manage all patient statements and payments via a single interface.
- Escalent, a human-behavior and data-analytics firm, announced it acquired financial-services advisory firm Javelin Strategy & Research from Greenwich Associates. The transaction closed on Dec. 30. Terms were not disclosed. Javelin will retain its current office and branding.
- Payment processor and ATM services provider Euronet Worldwide Inc. said it will provide Standard Chartered PLC with cloud-based dynamic currency-conversion services at approximately 1,000 ATMs in 14 countries in Asia-Pacific and the Middle East. Standard Chartered is based in London but has extensive banking operations abroad.
- Nacha, the governing body for the automated clearing house system, said Joe W. Hussey, managing director at JPMorgan Chase & Co., was elected chair by its board of directors. Six others also began terms as Nacha directors on Jan. 1.
- Fraud-prevention firm Vesta hired Leo Khan as chief marketing officer. Khan joins Vesta having been with Signifyd as head of enterprise marketing.
- ATM operator Paramount Management Group LLC named Jim Weber director of operations. Weber had been vice president of operations at Payment Alliance International.
- Payments provider Klarna Bank AB appointed former Walt Disney Co. executive Francine Ereira general manager for Australia and New Zealand.
The expansion of buy now, pay later payment options in the travel industry continued with …