Sunday , January 24, 2021

Mastercard Buys NuData Security And Other Digital Transactions News Briefs

• Mastercard Inc. has agreed to acquire NuData Security, whose technology identifies users from their online, mobile-app, and smart-phone interactions. Terms were not disclosed.

Fair Isaac Corp., otherwise known as FICO, said it detected 70% more compromised debit cards at U.S. ATMs and point-of-sale terminals in 2016 than it did in 2015. Approximately 60% of these compromises were at non-bank ATMs, FICO said, with the other 40% happening at bank ATMs or POS terminals.

Having begun operations in the United Kingdom, Square Inc. continued its international push, integrating with iPad point-of-sale specialist TouchBistro in Australia, a market where Square has been active for some time.

Jon Taffer, executive producer and host of Spike TV’s Bar Rescue program, formed a partnership with Harbortouch Payments LLC that includes an endorsement of Harbortouch’s POS system and merchant services.

Processor Fidelity National Information Services Inc. (FIS) said as part of its being named the official provider of financial business solutions for Minor League Baseball, it also will work with MLB Advanced Media on a Minor League Baseball loyalty program.

Mobile point-of-sale provider Revel Systems announced an integration with Dragontail Systems, whose technology allows restaurants to more efficiently manage food preparation from order to delivery.

Payments provider Emergent Payments announced it closed more than $5 million in equity funding from existing investors as well as Responsible Gold Holdings LP. Based in Palo Alto, Calif., Emergent Payments specializes in emerging markets globally.

Prepaid processor Blackhawk Network Holdings Inc. unveiled a new name for its incentives business, which is now called Hawk Incentives.

Middleware provider Datacap Systems Inc. announced it has completed EMV certification for the VeriFone Systems Inc. VX820 point-of-sale terminal with Global Payments Canada.

Check Also

Discover Posts Volume Gains for Its Payments Properties But Logs an Overall Revenue Drop

Discover Financial Services reported mixed results Thursday for the fourth quarter of 2020. Despite a …

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!