- Payments provider Lightspeed POS Inc. reported revenue jumped 51% year-over-year in the June quarter to $36.2 million. Its net loss widened to $20.1 million from $9.1 million. Total gross payment volume increased 17% to more than $5.4 billion.
- Lightspeed also announced the U.S. availability of Lightspeed Capital, a financing service for merchants.
- Payments provider ACI Worldwide Inc. reported revenue of $300 million for the June quarter, up 1% year-over-year. Net income rose 146% to $14 million.
- Payments provider Paystri said its services are now integrated with Paerpay, a fintech company that provides contactless payments services for restaurants.
- Visa Inc. said a multiyear deal with 9Spokes, which provides a business-management application, will enable the network to offer 9Spokes services to its financial institution clients and their small-business customers.
- Processor Stripe named Mike Clayville its chief revenue officer. Clayville most recently worked at Amazon Web Services, where he was vice president of worldwide commercial sales and business development.
- Stripe also announced that Jobber, a home service-management software provider, will offer Stripe Capital to its clients. Jobber’s clients also will have access to instant payouts using Stripe and Visa Direct.
- Mercator Advisory Group released its “Covid-19: The Power Behind Contactless” report.
- Payment platform BlueSnap Inc. named Jason Green to lead its global sales organization. Green most recently worked at Global Payments/TSYS, where he worked in sales for that company’s integrated division. He also held positions a Vantiv, TransFirst, and First Data.
- Payment technology provider linked2pay named Bill Lodes its chief revenue officer. Lodes comes from First American Payment Systems, where he served as executive vice president of business development and strategy.
Convenience-store operators wanting another way to accept payments for lottery games have a decoupled-debit option …