- Payments provider Lightspeed Commerce Inc. announced new features for its Lightspeed Restaurant point-of-sale technology, including order throttling, a feature that helps manage spikes in demand.
- Software firm Launch Cart said it will introduce on Feb. 2 its On-Demand eCommerce SaaS platform, intended to ease entry into e-commerce for small business owners and entrepreneurs.
- Payments provider Paysafe Ltd. said it has started offering services for sports betting in New York state.
- Buy now, pay later provider Afterpay said Nordstrom, Calvin Klein, and Tommy Hilfiger are the latest merchants to offers its installment payment service.
- In related news, Affirm Inc. launched its SuperApp and a Chrome browser extension. The enables users to shop, manage their Affirm payments, and view their rewards status
- Gateway Cardknox said it now supports two self-service devices from ID Tech, a payments peripherals maker, that are suited for unattended retail use.
- A survey of 1,000 U.S. consumers found that 65% consider digital payments as the most secure in comparison to other payment types, like money orders, cash, and checks, said Onbe, a disbursement platform, in its 2022 Future of Payments Survey.
- Payments provider Payrailz said it completed an audit by a qualified security assessor for compliance with PCI Security Standards Council data-security standards.
- Jack Henry & Associates Inc. promoted chief operating officer Greg Adelson to president and chief operating officer. An 11-year veteran of the company, Adelson has been COO since 2019.
- Cryptocurrency-payments provider Circle Internet Financial LLC appointed Sherice Torres chief marketing officer. Torres comes to the company from Meta (formerly Facebook), where she was chief marketing officer for the Novi digital wallet.
The drive to encourage consumers to use cryptocurrency to pay for transactions at the point-of-sale …