- Ingenico Group S.A. named Peter Stewart executive vice president of Ingenico North America. Stewart has more than 25 years of experience in the technology industry. A specialist in point-of-sale equipment and processing, Ingenico Group has agreed to be acquired by processor Worldline S.A. in an $8.6 billion deal.
- CHR Corp., which does business under the name Rutter’s, reported possible unauthorized access to payment card data at some locations. Rutter’s, which runs a chain of convenience stores and gas stations, has engaged cybersecurity firms and notified law enforcement.
- The Western Union Co. launched a campaign to fight the coronavirus globally. The remittance company will match up to $500,000 in donations.
- EBay Inc. announced it has sold its StubHub ticketing unit to event-ticket marketplace viagogo Entertainment Inc. for $4.05 billion in cash.
- Ben Milne, who started payments provider Dwolla Inc. 10 years ago, said in a blog post that he is stepping aside to let the company find a new chief executive. Milne said he will continue to serve on the company’s board.
A decline in transactions at small and mid-size businesses accelerated through March as consumers react …