- Payments provider EVO Payments Inc. reported third-quarter revenue of $135 million, a 15.4% increase from the same quarter in 2020. Fifty-nine percent, or $79.4 million, of its revenue came from the Americas and the remainder, $55.6 million, from EVO’s European business. Net income of $7.1 million for the quarter was down 51.4% from $14.6 million.
- In related news, EVO appointed Nikki Harland to its board effective March 1, 2022. Harland is the chief operating officer for Paradies Lagardere.
- Payments provider Gr4vy launched its Magento extension that enables merchants using the e-commerce platform to build custom payment workflows from within Magento.
- Paysafe Ltd. announced it has migrated its two digital wallets, Skrill and Neteller, to the cloud through an agreement with Amazon Web Services. The move is part of a multi-year agreement with AWS to support Paysafe’s cloud initiative.
- Equipifi Inc., a startup that supports buy now, pay later capability for banks and credit unions, launched with a $3-million seed-funding round led by New Stack Ventures.
- Payments provider BlueSnap Inc. has partnered with accounts-receivable automation vendor Gaviti to offer global payment processing to Gaviti clients.
- U.S. credit card originations have more than doubled since their low point a year ago, to a record 19.3 million in the second quarter, according to data from credit-reporting agency TransUnion.
- IDEX Biometrics ASA said its TrustedBio fingerprint authentication product used with biometric payment cards received certification from Visa Inc.
- Mercator Advisory Group released its “18th annual U.S. Open-Loop Prepaid Cards Market Forecasts, 2020-2025” report.
- Payments platform dLocal Ltd. launched an auto-debit payment service for local and international subscription businesses in India in compliance with new rules from the Reserve Bank of India.
The word “block” may have a number of meanings, but for Square Inc. it could …