- Amadis, Advanced Mobile Payment Inc., and Texas Engineering Consulting Systems and Services said they launched the jointly-developed EMVMadeEZ, a pre-certified EMV migration product for automated fuel dispensers. The product enables convenience store operators, small chains, and single gas station owners with an EMV-at-the-pump service.
- Payments-technology provider AEVI International GmbH said it is working with Mastercard Inc. to streamline payments across multiple channels, starting in Europe. The service is aimed at banks, acquirers, payment-service providers, independent sales organizations, and independent software vendors. As part of the agreement, Mastercard becomes a minority investor in Germany-based AEVI.
- Child-support payment app SupportPay reported an 82% increase in new users in February compared to February 2020 and a 50% increase since March 2020. Absolute figures were not reported.
- InComm Payments said Esquire Financial Holdings Inc., the holding company of Esquire Bank, has signed to issue Serve prepaid cards for Social Security disability payments. InComm became the exclusive distributor of Serve, American Express’s prepaid reloadable card line, in 2018.
- ParkMobile LLC has launched its mobile parking app in Lawrence, Kan., for almost 3,000 off- and on-street parking spaces in the downtown area.
- Circle Internet Financial Inc. announced support for crypto and credit card payments for marketplaces that deal in non-fungible tokens (NFTs). The service is expected to enable acceptance of stablecoins as well as Bitcoin and Ethereum in coming months. An NFT is a unique, non-interchangeable item, such as a work of art, converted to digital format and stored on a blockchain.
- Payments platform Mogo Inc. said it has extended its Bitcoin cashback rewards program to its MogoMortgage unit. Under the program, customers who take out a mortgage or refinance can earn up to $3,100 for deposit in a Bitcoin and Rewards account.
Just over a year after transaction volume in many merchant segments flatlined due to the …