- Payments provider Digital River Inc. unveiled Drop-in Checkout, technology that streamlines payments acceptance for brands on Digital River’s platform.
- Payments provider Shift4 Payments Inc. said it will process payments for Concessions International, a provider of food-and-beverage technology for airports, at almost 40 of the company’s locations.
- Cantaloupe Inc., a payments provider for unattended locations, said it has upgraded its Yoke terminal technology with a redesigned Yoke Payments app, an updated interface, and a new loyalty program. Cantaloupe acquired Yoke in August last year.
- JPMorgan Chase & Co. said it has agreed to acquire a 49% stake in Viva Wallet Holdings Software Development S.A., a Europe-based payments fintech.
- Discover Financial Services said it will add more than 1,000 jobs in 2022 for customer care positions.
- Mastercard Inc. announced a $5 million grant to Howard University to support the creation of the Center for Applied Data Science and Analytics. One objective of the Center is to be a hub for data science for social impact research and training.
- Fintech Pagaya said its artificial intelligence infrastructure technology will be available as a white-labeled service to Visa Inc. merchant and financial institution clients.
- Square, part of Block Inc., announced it has launched in Spain.
- GoTab Inc., a provider of commerce technology for restaurants, appointed Rick Malthaner vice president of alliances. Malthaner has point-of-sale experience with Cybertill, LoyalTree, and Como.
- Buy now, pay later provider Splitit Payments appointed Nandan Sheth chief executive, effective Feb. 28. Sheth comes to the company from Fiserv Inc., and before that was president of payments startup Acculynk.
Central bank digital currencies are still a relatively new payment method around the world, but …