- Research from Inmar Intelligence found that 53% of shoppers used a mobile contactless payment option for the first time since the start of the pandemic. Additionally, most—55%—of the 1,000 respondents surveyed said they have been avoiding using cash in general in the same period. A full 28% will avoid retailers not offering a contactless payment option and choose one that does.
- The latest Expectations & Experiences survey from Fiserv Inc. found that consumer interest in contactless payments is at 58% this year, up from 28% in 2019. The survey included 3,001 interviews with U.S. adults conducted Aug. 18-Sept. 9.
- Paytronix Systems Inc. launched Paytronix Subscriptions, a service that enables merchants to offer subscription payments with consolidated access to payment, email, analytics, and tracking for them.
- Podium Corp. Inc., which offers a messaging service that links small businesses with customers, said its Podium Payments point-of-sale acceptance network now offers guarantees against chargebacks.
- Blackhawk Network said it will issue digital gift cards on its CashStar Consumer platform on behalf of Fruit Punch Music, a music-streaming service aimed at children.
- E-commerce payments platform Digital River said it is joining Spark, a Salesforce Commerce Cloud feature from the digital commerce consultancy Tryzens that eases entry by businesses into new markets.
- Fraud-prevention specialist Kount Inc. announced Event-Based Bot Detection, which it says guards against bot attacks from customers’ account creation to login to payment.
- Credit union service organization PSCU said its Enhanced Fraud Services tool helped 10 early-adopter credit unions take on fraud.
- 2Checkout released an update to its Avangate Monetization Platform, including new options for subscription services and additional support for Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager.
- Processor Adyen said it would expand into the Middle East.
- Fintech Alacriti announced a deal with Glia, which provides digital customer service services, that enables financial institutions to use Alacriti’s chatbot within Glia’s platform.
The future of digital payments is being created now with the adoption of contactless payments, …