- Travel-payments and services specialist CellPoint Mobile changed its name to CellPoint Digital and created two omnichannel units. Velocity is the payment platform and Voyage manages promotions, sales, payments, and customer self-service across all digital channels.
- ICBA Bancard, a unit of the Independent Community Bankers of America, launched the ICBA Bancard Digital Payments Strategy Tool and Guide, an interactive online tool to help community banks create a custom digital-payments strategy in conjunction with the Aite Group.
- Usio Inc., formerly Payment Data Systems, said eVisit, a telemedicine-services provider, completed its integration into Usio’s payment-facilitator technology.
- Payments provider Fattmerchant announced it is offering free backup-processing services through November to merchants that may be affected by hurricanes this season.
- Fiserv Inc. said Merck Sharp & Dohme, a federal credit union, is using palm-vein authentication technology from Fiserv to verify identities for members and employees for computer and building access. The credit union is among the first financial institutions in the country to deploy the biometric technology “to this extent,” Fiserv says.
- A group of seven mobile-payments providers in Europe intend to form a cross-border mobile-payment service, Bloomberg.com reported.
- Two executives at Total System Services Inc. (TSYS), Patricia A. Watson, senior executive vice president and chief information officer and G. Sanders Griffith III, senior executive vice president, general counsel, and secretary, will depart following a “brief transition period” after TSYS merges with Global Payments Inc., according to a Form 8-K filing by TSYS on Friday. Global’s $21.5-billion deal to acquire TSYS was announced in May and could close early in the fourth quarter.
ActiveCampaign, a customer-experience automation provider, is teaming with Stripe Inc. and PayPal Holdings Inc. to …