- Bank of America Corp. reported its customers using the Zelle person-to-person payment network totaled 4.9 million in 2018’s fourth quarter, up by a factor of 2.4 since Zelle’s June 2017 launch. Zelle volume at BofA for the quarter totaled $14 billion on 51.6 million transactions, up from $7 billion on 23.1 million transactions in the year-ago quarter.
- U.S. Bancorp, owner of merchant acquirer Elavon, reported $389 million in non-interest income from merchant-processing services in the fourth quarter, up 4% from $374 million a year earlier.
- Intellicheck and Applied Recognition Inc. agreed to use each other’s technology to help improve identity verification and thwart fraud. Intellicheck specializes in real-time ID and age verification. Applied Recognition provides facial-recognition technology.
- Payment gateway First Atlantic Commerce and payments provider Powertranz Ltd. launched Powertranz, a platform they say provides the first integrated card-present EMV payment service in the Caribbean market.
- A voice-commerce startup called Convercart launched a furniture site that allows customers to talk to design consultants and buy products via Facebook Messenger.
ActiveCampaign, a customer-experience automation provider, is teaming with Stripe Inc. and PayPal Holdings Inc. to …