- Payments provider Blackhawk Network Inc. said it is working with the California Governor’s Office of Emergency Services to distribute a total of $25 million in aid on 50,000 prepaid cards to health-care professionals battling Covid-19. The money was donated by Facebook Inc.
- Payroll-services provider PayActiv Inc. said its study of usage data from a sample of more than 16,000 users from November through June indicates 80% of users prefer wage access in real time versus the firm’s other means of distributing pay. PayActiv relies on Visa Inc.’s Visa Direct service for real-time service.
- Payments provider BlueSnap Inc. announced it is supporting a billing facility for Tadpoles, a program management and communications platform supporting early-childhood development for more than 43,000 families.
- Clearsale, a provider of fraud protection for e-commerce transactions, said the rapid increase in online shopping during the pandemic has led it to look to hire 500 new employees in August and September.
- The Accredited Standards Committee X9 Inc. announced it is inviting interested parties to apply to participate in efforts to develop two new standards for mobile banking and payments.
Discover Financial Services reported mixed results Thursday for the fourth quarter of 2020. Despite a …