- Airlines Reporting Corp. announced it has started processing payments through its ARC Pay application programming interface for the online travel agency Business Travel Group LLC’s Business Class brand.
- The Western Union Co. announced it will offer free money transfers for funds consumers around the world send to Libya in the wake of severe flooding in that country. The offer is available through Oct. 15.
- Citicorp’s Citi Treasury and Trade Solutions unit introduced new payments initiatives for client financial institutions, including processing for Swift Go, a new service from the cross-border payments platform Swift that enables small businesses and their customers to send low-value cross-border payments to any location directly from bank accounts.
- OwlTing Group, an Asia-based blockchain platform, launched its OwlPay app on the Shopify app store. The app enables sellers to make cross-border payments to vendors and reconcile and review orders.
- A Consumer Financial Protection Bureau examination of installment-payment plans offered by almost 450 colleges found many of the plans state “confusing repayment terms” and “inconsistent disclosures” regarding tuition.
- San Diego’s Metropolitan Transit System and North County Transit District approved one-tap card and mobile-app payments at transit stations.
- Mitek Systems Inc., a provider of check-processing technology including electronic draft capture, reported a second-quarter revenue rise of 35% year-over-year to $45.3 million, a record sum for the quarter. Revenue for the first half of the year came to $91 million, up 38%. Much of the company’s revenue growth stems from its fraud-control operations.
Shift4 Payments Inc. announced Thursday it is integrating Amazon.com Inc.’s Just Walk Out technology into …