- Point-of-sale credit provider Affirm Inc. said it raised $500 million in a series G funding round. Lead investors were GIC and Durable Capital Partners LP. Affirm also introduced an interest-free biweekly payment product for transactions of as little as $50. It also announced that NutriBullet, a small-appliance maker, offers Affirm as a payment option.
- Apple Inc. may be forced to open the near-field communication chip in iPhones to other payments providers in Europe, Bloomberg reported. The European Union is considering rules that could prevent mobile-device makers from limiting access to the NFC technology, Bloomberg said.
- Business-to-business payments provider Fleetcor Technologies Inc. has agreed to acquire Associated Foreign Exchange (Afex), a vendor of cross-border payments technology. The deal is expected to close in the first quarter next year. Terms were not announced.
- PayActiv Inc., a company that allows employees to access earned but not yet paid wages, has joined a catalog of services offered by Benefitfocus Inc., a technology platform for employers.
- Nacha, which oversees the U.S. automated clearing house network, said its Payments Innovation Alliance has released papers specific to voice payments and cybersecurity.
- With homebound consumers turning to e-commerce, Podium, a specialist in stimulating online interaction, said it has partnered with Nationwide Marketing Group, a buying group for independent appliance, electronics, furniture, and bedding retailers, to offer e-commerce support to the group’s members.
- The gateway accept.blue LLC announced a deal with VeriCheck Inc. to offer VeriCheck’s automated clearing house processing services to merchant providers and independent software vendors.
- Unattended payments specialist USA Technologies Inc. named Scott Stewart chief accounting officer. Stewart previously worked at Intercontinental Exchange, operator of the New York Stock Exchange and other stock exchanges around the globe.
Payments industry veterans Will Graylin and George Wallner launched a fundraising campaign on Indiegogo for OV Valet, …