- The overall costs of phishing attacks on businesses have nearly quadrupled since 2015, rising from average losses of $3.8 million per company in 2015 to $14.8 million in 2021, according to research from cybersecurity and compliance company Proofpoint Inc. and Ponemon Institute.
- Uplift Inc., a buy now, pay later provider specializing in travel, is extending its service to customers of Tripster, a vacation-planning utility.
- Payments-technology provider TerraPay B.V. has agreed to work with Network International to develop a platform for mobile-wallet acceptance in the United Arab Emirates.
- Online-lending platform OneBlinc launched a digital Mastercard Inc. debit card aimed at unbanked and underbanked households. The card comes with OneBlinc’s checking-account service.
- Financial-services provider Peoples Group said its Peoples Payment Solutions Ltd. is participating in the market launch of the Interac e-Transfer for Business service in Canada. The service enables real-time commercial transactions.
- Payments services provider Transaction Network Services Inc. said it has expanded into more Asia Pacific markets and now is available in 11 countries.
- Web services provider GoDaddy Inc. launched Pay Links and a virtual terminal as part of GoDaddy Payments.
- The National Football League’s Washington Football Team has become the first NFL team to join the “Have a Game Plan. Bet Responsibly” campaign to promote responsible sports betting. The campaign is sponsored by the American Gaming Association.
- ATM maker Diebold Nixdorf Inc. named Teresa Ostapower chief information officer. Ostapower most recently was senior vice president of technology transformation, architecture, and operations at AT&T.
Add Las Vegas’s T-Mobile Arena to Shift4 Payments Inc.’s growing list of sports and entertainment …