- Fifty-nine percent of all respondents to a survey by CouponFollow LLC, a provider of discount codes for online shoppers, are doing more online shopping as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic, and that jumps to 65% when looking just at the Gen-Z generation.
- A technology startup called BellyMelly launched a food-ordering app that lets consumers order and pay for meals in restaurant dining rooms and for takeout and delivery.
- Data from Nationwide, a U.K. building society, which is a type of mutual financial institution, shows contactless transactions have risen 44% since the week of March 23, when the country went into lockdown. The research canvassed more than 2,000 people.
- Echo Health Inc., a payments provider for the health-care industry, said it will integrate its software with claims-administration technology from WLT Software.
- Verrency Holdings Ltd. launched a service that allows banks to offer point-of-sale installment payments to their cardholders in competition with third parties that have emerged in recent years offering the same option.
- The U.S. Payments Forum published a white paper on best practices for handling fall-back magnetic-stripe transactions when an EMV chip card is used at a fuel pump.
- Online fraud-prevention firm ClearSale LLC said its app for the Shopify Inc. platform is now available in the Shopify App Store.
- Euronet Worldwide Inc. appointed Michael N. Frumkin to its board of directors. Frumkin founded Google’s Accelerated Science Team.
North American shoppers are notorious for their devotion to plastic. Credit cards remain the leading …