- Fifty-nine percent of all respondents to a survey by CouponFollow LLC, a provider of discount codes for online shoppers, are doing more online shopping as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic, and that jumps to 65% when looking just at the Gen-Z generation.
- A technology startup called BellyMelly launched a food-ordering app that lets consumers order and pay for meals in restaurant dining rooms and for takeout and delivery.
- Data from Nationwide, a U.K. building society, which is a type of mutual financial institution, shows contactless transactions have risen 44% since the week of March 23, when the country went into lockdown. The research canvassed more than 2,000 people.
- Echo Health Inc., a payments provider for the health-care industry, said it will integrate its software with claims-administration technology from WLT Software.
- Verrency Holdings Ltd. launched a service that allows banks to offer point-of-sale installment payments to their cardholders in competition with third parties that have emerged in recent years offering the same option.
- The U.S. Payments Forum published a white paper on best practices for handling fall-back magnetic-stripe transactions when an EMV chip card is used at a fuel pump.
- Online fraud-prevention firm ClearSale LLC said its app for the Shopify Inc. platform is now available in the Shopify App Store.
- Euronet Worldwide Inc. appointed Michael N. Frumkin to its board of directors. Frumkin founded Google’s Accelerated Science Team.
MoneyGram International Inc. said its money-transfer business generated revenue of $304.9 million in the second …