- Wells Fargo & Co. said former Mastercard Inc. executive Colleen Taylor is joining the bank as head of Wells Fargo Merchant Services, the bank’s merchant-acquiring joint venture with Fiserv Inc. Fiserv took over the operation as part of its acquisition of First Data Corp., which last year reached an agreement with Wells to extend the deal until 2024. A similar joint venture, with Bank of America Corp., will not renew upon its expiration next year.
- Payments provider BlueSnap said it will offer its users dispute-management services from ChargeBacks911.
- Research commissioned by Amadeus Payments indicates credit cards directly paid for 57% of Americans’ travel expenditures in 2018, down from 61% in 2017. E-wallets were used to pay for 23%, up from 20%. The research doesn’t indicate in how many cases credit cards rather than account transfers were the underlying funding mechanism for the e-wallet payments.
- Merchant processor Square Inc. is rolling out its Square Terminal in Canada.
- CPACharge, a specialist in payment processing for accountants, said it has integrated its service with the ZipBooks accounting software, allowing professionals to create and send invoices and receive payments via cards and electronic checks.
PayPal Holdings Inc. has made no secret of its push to generate revenue from its …