- Independent sales organization Pineapple Payments announced it acquired rival Card Champ. Both ISOs are based in Pittsburgh. Terms were not disclosed.
- Diebold Nixdorf Inc. released the DN Series of ATMs. Diebold said 18 financial institutions in 13 nations are testing the machines.
- Payment Data Systems Inc. changed its name to Usio Inc. Its common stock ticker also changed to Usio, effective July 1.
- Point-of-sale equipment distributor POSDATA Group Inc. announced an agreement to distribute Nexgo Inc. POS devices. Nexgo is the new name for ExaDigm.
- Payment-technology provider ACI Worldwide Inc. unveiled Disbursement Services, a part of its bill-payment product suite that allows business to send money to consumers’ debit card accounts using the Visa Direct and Mastercard Send platforms.
- Factor4 LLC, a provider of gift card and loyalty technology, said its gift card software is integrated with Vend, a provider of cloud-based point-of-sale technology.
- Mobile-parking app ParkMobile said the Town of Bar Harbor, Maine, has made the app available for more than 700 parking spaces in both on-street and parking-lot locations.
- Car IQ, which is working on a payment gateway that will allow automobiles to connect to payment networks, said it closed a $5 million Series A funding round led by Quest Venture Partners.
- Payments-technology provider i2c Inc. announced that it is providing support for corporate card startup Brex.
- Raghu Malhotra, president of the Middle East & Africa region at Mastercard Inc., has been appointed to the U.S. President’s Advisory Council on Doing Business in Africa.
- Blackhawk Network Holdings Inc. hired Mark Singer as managing director for the Asia-Pacific region. Singer formerly was senior vice president for Asia at prepaid card program manager InComm.
- AffiniPay named Tom West chief executive. West, whose career includes stints at Dell, Bain & Co., and PNC, succeeds founder Amy Porter, who is now executive chair of the payments company’s board.
- China’s UnionPay network said its payment service now covers 174 countries and regions, with 3 million merchant locations outside Mainland China accepting its mobile-payment platform.
- Buckzy Payments Inc., a Canadian startup, said it has added real-time bill-pay via a single connection to its real-time cross-border payment system.
- The Secure Technology Alliance announced a July 25 webinar on biometric payment cards.
With card-based transit payments picking up steam in the United States, a key Mastercard Inc. …