February 16, 2017
• First Data Corp. expanded its deal with ShopKeep, a cloud-based point-of-sale provider, that makes ShopKeep's POS software available through its distribution network. ShopKeep also will incorporate First Data's payment processing and security tools. This includes the Clover Go software developer kit and enables ShopKeep software to operate on Clover hardware.
• Chase Paymentech, a merchant-processing arm of banking giant JPMorgan Chase & Co., has extended an agreement with the Canadian Federation of Independent Businesses through April 2022. Under the agreement, Chase Paymentech provides processing to CFIB members at preferred rates.
• Invoice-automation specialist Billtrust introduced Virtual Card Capture, a capability that automates processing of one-time-use virtual cards sent by email for payment to suppliers.
• Israel-based On Track Innovations Ltd., a supplier of point-of-sale technology based on near-field communication, said it has orders to supply "thousands of advanced self-checkout payment systems" to U.S. kiosk and "food-chain" operators in 2017.
• Payments consultancy Mercator Advisory Group released a report called "The Enemy at the Gates: Payments Fraud is a Symptom" on the cyber threats to financial institutions.
• Payments provider National Merchants Association LLC named Brian Randolph, who had been chief technology officer and partner at the company since 2009, to the chief operating officer position. Jason Holderness, who joined the company in 2016 as director of software development, moved into the chief technology officer job. NMA also promoted Jacob Bennett to chief risk officer. He had been vice president of risk and underwriting since joining NMA in 2014.
SPECIAL FEATURERead Digital Transactions Online