- Fleetcor Technologies Inc., a business-to-business payments provider, said it has agreed to acquire Nvoicepay Inc., a provider of accounts-payable technology. Terms were not disclosed. Private-equity firm Napier Park Financial Partners invested $10 million in Nvoicepay in 2016.
- Mobile point-of-sale specialist CardFlight Inc. said its SwipeSimple product now includes the ability to create and send invoices.
- PAX Technology Inc., Bluefin Payment Systems LLC, and Casio America Inc. announced a semi-integrated POS product.
- Payments provider Payscape said it will release new registration software that enables payment acceptance while consumers register for events and classes.
- POS system provider Toast unveiled Toast Guest Feedback, a customer feedback platform for restaurants. It also added a tipping capability and text notification, among other features, to its Toast Kiosk.
- Installment-payment provider Afterpay noted its 1 millionth U.S. customer. The Australian firm works with 25,300 merchants across the globe, of which 2,800 are in the United States.
- USA Technologies Inc. announced the Nasdaq has notified the company trading of its shares will be suspended on the Nasdaq Global Market and delisted from the Nasdaq Stock Market effective March 7. The company, which specializes in contactless payment hardware and services for vending applications, said it plans to request a hearing, which it says will stay the suspension. The market’s action follows USA Technologies’ failure to file timely reports, including its annual report form 10-K for the fiscal year ended June 30, 2018, in the wake of its auditor’s resignation.
- In its latest quarterly report, the Anti-Phishing Working Group says it detected 138,328 phishing sites in the fourth quarter, down from 263,538 in 2018’s first quarter. Payments companies were the target of 33% of phishing attacks in the fourth quarter, more than any other industry sector, the APWG said.
The Federal Reserve announced the 22 members of its new Fraud Definitions Work Group, another …