- Digital River Inc. said it made an e-commerce plugin for WordPress users available. Among its features, the plugin enables payment processing, PCI compliance, and fraud screening.
- Puerto Rico-based payment processor Evertec Inc. said it will donate $100,000 for disaster relief in the Bahamas, which have been racked by Hurricane Dorian.
- Compulocks Brands Inc. released a stand for the Verifone Inc. Carbon Mobile 5 POS terminal.
- Amazon.com Inc. is testing scanners that can identify a human hand as a way to ring up a store purchase, with the goal of rolling them out at its Whole Foods supermarket chain in the coming months, the New York Post reported. The planned system, being tested by Amazon employees in New York, will allow Amazon Prime account holders to scan their hands at the store and link them to a credit or debit card.
- NCR Corp. introduced its SelfServ 63, a small-footprint cash-recycling ATM. Cash recyclers are machines that accept, validate, sort, and store bank notes, and are the fastest-growing type of ATMs globally, NCR says.
- The Western Union Co. announced a deal with True North, an international student-tracking service in Canada, that enables students to pay tuition and expenses online.
- The FIDO Alliance, an association dedicated to improving authentication standards, announced Authenticate, a conference dedicated to modern user authentication to be held in June 2020.
- Paysafe Group named Richard Swales chief risk officer. Based in Ireland, Swales, who previously worked at PayPal Holdings Inc., will oversee the company’s global risk strategy.
- Mobile-payments provider Glance Technologies Inc. named Tracey St. Denis its chief financial officer, replacing Issa Nahklen. St. Denis has more than 20 years’ experience as a director and officer of public companies.
- Mobile parking-payments provider PayByPhone Technologies Inc. named Stephen Lazenby chief product officer to lead the company’s global product-development team. Lazenby had worked at Global Relay Communications. PayByPhone is owned by Volkswagen Financial Services AG.
Fiserv Inc. said this week its First Data unit has performed the first PIN-on-mobile contactless …