- Aliant Payments said it added Bob Moore Auto Group as a client for cryptocurrency processing. The agreement will allow the auto dealer to accept Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Litecoin for cars, parts, and service at its Subaru dealership in Oklahoma City.
- Thales S.A. said Gemalto will operate as a separate company in Russia following the expected closing of its $5.7 billion buyout of smart card maker Gemalto. That’s because Russia is the sole nation yet to approve the merger. Gemalto shareholders in other markets have until March 28 to tender their shares. If the offer is accepted, Thales expects the deal to close April 2.
- Elavon Inc., a unit of U.S. Bancorp, said it will continue to process merchant transactions for Union Bank with an extension of a multiyear agreement between the companies.
- Authentication-technology provider Next-ID Inc. said it will be able to proceed with its previously announced spin-off of its payment unit, which includes its Fit Pay Inc. operation, once it closes as expected on a refinanced debt facility at the end of March or in early April.
- Payment and ATM services provider Euronet Worldwide Inc. said it priced a private offering of $500 million in unsecured convertible senior notes with a 0.75% interest rate to be sold to institutional buyers; initial purchasers have a 13-day window to buy an additional $25 million of notes.
- Factor4 LLC, a provider of gift card and loyalty software, integrated its gift card service with Linga POS, a cloud platform for the hospitality industry.
- Barclaycard agreed to process transactions in the United Kingdom for the massive China-based mobile-payments service Alipay. Barclaycard says it processes almost half of the U.K.’s credit and debit card transactions.
- ACI Worldwide released the “Get More from Real-Time Payments” white paper.
- Star Micronics released another Apple AirPrint-certified point-of-sale printer.
- Mercator Advisory Group released the “Top 10 General Purpose Reloadable Prepaid Debit Cards in the U.S. Chosen by GPD Cardholders in 2018” report.
With momentum building to ban cashless stores, a rough consensus seems to be emerging that …