- Fiserv Inc. said it connected more than 100 banks and credit unions so far to the Zelle peer-to-peer payments network. The institutions are now live or will be going live soon, the company said.
- The average surcharge assessed by the ATM owner for an out-of-network transaction rose for the 14th consecutive year, from $2.97 to $3.02, and is up 53% over the last decade, Bankrate Inc. reported in its latest annual survey of checking account and ATM fees.
- First Data Corp. said e-commerce services provider BlueSnap integrated its All-in-one Payment Platform into First Data’s service offerings.
- EMV chip card maker CPI Card Group Inc. said it renewed an agreement to serve as the primary card manufacturer for PSCU, a service organization supporting payments for credit unions.
- Parking-payments provider PayByPhone, a unit of Volkswagen Financial Services AG, said it can be used to pay for parking at more than 1,000 spaces operated by One Parking in the Washington, D.C., and Arlington, Va., region.
- Clutch Technologies launched what it says is the first end-to-end billing and payments service to support vehicle subscriptions offered by dealers and manufacturers. The service is integrated with Clutch’s billing engine but is built on Stripe Inc.’s Stripe Connect technology.
- VizyPay LLC launched a cash-discount program for merchants.
- Private-label processor Synchrony Financial agreed to provide financial and other services to customers of JCPenney Co. Inc. and to continue servicing cards for the chain’s more than 800 stores in the United States and Puerto Rico.
- The Western Union Co. announced a high-value account-to-account money-transfer service based in the United Kingdom that will allow British consumers to send up to £50,000 ($65,000) from their smart phones through wu.com or Western Union’s mobile app directly into bank accounts in more than 70 countries.
- The U.S. Payments Forum released a white paper for transit agencies concerning implementation of contactless open payments with mobile devices and wearables. The paper’s title is “Transit Contactless Open Payments: Technical Solution for Pay As You Go.”
A Visa-branded debit card from Shift Financial Inc. that enabled consumers with accounts at digital …