- Point-of-sale system provider Revel Systems announced it is working with mobile-payments provider LevelUp to integrate mobile order-ahead, in-store mobile payments, and loyalty service for Revel’s restaurant clients.
- After more than 50 years in the Houston area, First Data Corp.’s TeleCheck Services unit will vacate its headquarters in suburban Sugar Land, Texas, because of damage inflicted by August’s Hurricane Harvey, the Houston Chronicle reported. Employees who choose not to relocate to other First Data offices will be given severance.
- The owners of 16 McDonald’s restaurants in Pennsylvania are paying $1 million to settle a lawsuit claiming they violated state law by paying hourly employees strictly with fee-laden payroll cards, according to the Associated Press.
- The Bancorp Inc. reported that gross dollar volume on Bancorp-issued prepaid cards totaled $11 billion in the third quarter, up 4.9% from $10.5 billion a year earlier. Prepaid card fee income rose 2% to $12.5 million.
- The PCI Security Standards Council created a “microsite” for merchants with information and resources about payment security.
- Merchant services company National Merchants Association launched its ProAgent 2.0 program to help sales agent improve their sales.
ActiveCampaign, a customer-experience automation provider, is teaming with Stripe Inc. and PayPal Holdings Inc. to …