- RealPage Inc., a vendor of software and data analytics to the real-estate business, has agreed to buy ClickPay, a payments processor for rent and other housing receivables, for $218.5 million in cash and stock. The deal is expected to close within the next six months.
- Infinicept, a company that offers services to payment facilitators, announced an underwriting-on-demand functionality that it says extends the underwriting process in the payment-facilitator model to merchant acquiring in general.
- Square Inc. has acquired Zesty, operator of a catering platform, and plans to combine it with its Caviar food-ordering operation. Terms were not announced.
- Retailer lender Synchrony Financial, whose products include proprietary and cobranded cards, reported $158 million in first-quarter interchange revenue, a 9% increase from $145 million a year earlier.
- Artificial Intelligence and Image Analysis (A2iA) said four large unnamed U.S. banks will use its a2ia CheckReader system to combat check fraud and risk.
- Alt Thirty Six, a blockchain-based payments platform for the cannabis industry, named Don Schroeder, formerly a payments consultant who also worked at companies now owned by First Data Corp. and Worldpay Inc., its chief architect. He will oversee development and maintenance of the company’s platform.
A group of 16 European banks said they plan to launch a “truly European” unified payments system …