- Some 83% of consumers said they had used a QR code in the past year to make a payment or complete a financial transaction, with 54% of those persons saying they had used a QR code for those purposes for the first time in only the past three months. Still, just 39% said they could identify a malicious QR code, according to a survey of 4,157 consumers in the United States, United Kingdom, France, Germany, China, and Japan by Ivanti Inc., provider of anti-fraud technology for mobile devices.
- Founded in 2014, payments provider Fattmerchant has changed its name to Stax. The rebranding comes with an overhaul of the user interface of the company’s desktop app and a new version of its mobile app.
- Payments provider BlueSnap Inc. said it will process transactions for subscription-billing specialist Chargebee Inc.
- Adyen NV has agreed to process point-of-sale and e-commerce payments for travel-and-dining specialist NDM Hospitality at its brands in Florida.
- Open-banking provider MX Technologies Inc. will facilitate account verification and money movement for payments platform Moov Financial Inc.
- Payments-technology provider Sphere said it is working with medical-office software provider Raintree Systems Inc. to add broader payment functionality, including omnichannel payments.
- Apto Payments launched an instant-issuance platform to enable merchants and financial institutions to issue debit cards with short development times.
- Gilded Inc. announced it has introduced Mass Pay, a service that lets businesses pay up to 500 employees at the same time in cryptocurrency, specifically Ethereum-based tokens, including stablecoins.
- Office-space provider WeWork Companies Inc. said it now accepts payment in a variety of cryptocurrencies through processor BitPay Inc. In addition, cryptocurrency exchange Coinbase Inc., a WeWork user, will use crypto to pay for its membership.
With more and more hourly wage workers needing access to their earnings sooner than the …