- PCI Pal, a payments provider for contact centers and other card-not-present businesses, launched PCI Pal Digital to secure transactions on digital channels such as Webchat, social media, email, and SMS.
- VPay, a digital claims-payment platform, reported a 30% rise in revenue from 2018 to 2019, fueled by a three-year, 180% customer growth rate.
- La Banque Postal, the banking unit of France’s postal services operator La Poste Group and a payment agent of The Western Union Co., said it has expanded its global digital payment services, including an integration of Western Union’s global cross-border, cross-currency digital money-movement platform within its mobile app and Web site.
- Curve 1 Ltd., whose technology allows consumers to consolidate multiple payment cards into one, launched Curve for Apple Pay, allowing users to set up their Curve Mastercard within Apple Inc.’s digital wallet. Curve announced in November it is working with Samsung Pay.
- Discover Financial Services appointed Amir Arooni chief information officer. Arooni, currently CIO for NN Group in the Netherlands, succeeds Glenn Schneider, who will take on a new role under Discover chief executive Roger Hochschild.
- The Merchant Acquirers’ Committee appointed Mark Nelson, a veteran of nonprofit organizations, as its first executive director.
- Digital River Inc. appointed Christopher Bernander chief financial officer. Bernander returns to Digital River after a stint at Renaissance Learning. He worked at Digital River for nine years before taking the Renaissance position.
Just over a year after transaction volume in many merchant segments flatlined due to the …